Lecture on "Savoir – vivre in business"
On 8th of June the students from our school participated in a lecture on "Savoir – vivre in business" which took place on Lazarski University. The lecturer was Ms Julita Panufnik – a carieer counsellor in the Department of Career at Lazarski University and a psychologist, (clinical psychology graduate of SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw).
The topics which were discussed during the lecture were as follows:
- non-verbal communication (gestures, the choice of meeting place, clothes - research examples)
- precedences and entitling at a university
- netiquette (savoir-vivre in e-mails)
- savoir-vivre in telephone conversations
- self-presentation in business contact
- etiquette in negotiations
- savoir-vivre at a job interview
- personal branding on the Internet (how to build a positive image of yourself/your company on the Internet)